week 10 story: the beast part 3

Previously:

Still frozen in fear, he quietly stuttered, “Why aren’t you afraid of me?”

Her blank stare shattered as a smirk spread across her face. As she cocked her head to the side once more, she replied, “You? Now why would I be afraid of you?”

Before the beast had a chance to take in her words, she put her hands on his chest and shoved him backwards, following him through the doorway and into the house. He stumbled back falling on his butt and by the time he looked up, she locked the door and turned around to smirk at him. Before the beast had a chance to take in her words, she put her hands on his chest and shoved him backwards, following him through the doorway and into the house. He stumbled back falling on his butt and by the time he looked up, she locked the door and turned around to smirk at him.

Picture Source.
Panic rushed throughout the beast's body. He wasn't sure what to do next or how to act. She was different from all the other visitors but not in a good way. Her warm, inviting eyes now looked scary and frightening.

“Wh-What do you want?” He sputtered.

She walked closer, laughing at the sight of the so-called mighty beast on the ground. “Me? Well there is something that I came here for…” Her eyes wandered around the room and finally settled on him. Squatting down in front of his face, ber eyes widen and a smile emerged as she said ,“I want you to be the main attraction of my zoo!”

The panic and fear that took hold of his entire body was entirely gone and replaced with confusion. “A zoo? You own a zoo? Why do I need to be in it? Why would I want to be in it?” He questioned.

She grabbed his hands, or more so his furry paws, with excitement. “Listen! I’ve been watching this show on Netflix called Tiger King and I really believe I have what it takes to be the next Joe Exotic!”

“Joe who?” The beast was even more confused than he already was and he didn’t think that was possible.

“Joe Exotic!” she exclaimed as she threw her hands into the air. “He has so many animals that he owns that he basically has a zoo and it’s mostly filled with tigers. Now don’t get me wrong, tigers are cool and all but imagine going to the zoo to see a beast! Now THAT’S extraordinary.”

She continued to ramble on and on about her zookeeping plans but all the beast could think about was her calling him extraordinary… Or maybe she didn’t directly called him extraordinary but it was the closest he’s ever gotten to a compliment in a long time. He could feel his heartbeat through his chest and he began to blush. Him? Extraordinary? Ah ha ha never! Unless….

“I’ll do it! I’ll join your zoo,” the beast exclaimed happily.

“Really!? That’s amazing everyone will love you and people will travel across the country to come see you! Quickly go and pack your bags we’ve gotta go!”

The beast hurriedly got up and ran to his room to pack. First a compliment and now he would be living with her!? He could feel his cheeks turn pink at the thought of it and he began to giggle. What a day it had been! As he finished packing and walked out the door, he took a moment to take a deep breath and thank god for this chance to truly shine.


Author's Note: Although I thought this story would end up more like Beauty and the Beast, I recently just finished the show Tiger King on Netflix and thought it would be funny to incorporate that into this story. I truly think I was able to let my creativity run free with this story since it isn't like anything I've ever read or written before.

Comments

  1. Hi Audrey,

    The story link thing routed me to part three of your series, so I'm not sure how the rest of your stories are, but I just want to say that I'm glad you decided to go with Joe Exotic over Beauty and the Beast. It's the more controversial choice, but it's also the braver choice! I'm not sure how your story will progress– will the Beast have something to do with Joe's downfall? Either way, I'm here for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts