week 8: reading and writing


I chose this picture because I was really amazed when the Pandava brothers lost everything by just a game of dice. It really shows how addicting gambling can be. Picture Source.

Overall, I am pretty happy with my blog. Last week, I rearranged the layout of my blog because I didn't like the way it looked and so I changed it to a more simple and aesthetic layout. I am also pretty happy with my project website because I am writing about something I have interest in, however, I do have some writer's block so I am trying to get that figured out. I thought I knew what direction I wanted my story to go in but turns out I'm still confused about it so I guess I will just figure it out as I go.

Since I'm a Biology major, I stopped having to write around my freshman year of college. Now, the only thing I write are notes from lectures/textbooks. It's funny because when I was younger I used to write all the time and I was kind of good at it. However, now I see that I have lost all my skills so this class has helped me pick them back up. There are so many different styles of writing and I am trying to work on being more creative, descriptive and imaginative with my words.

My favorite part about this blog is that I have chances to tell stories of my own through the extra-credit. Although our overall goal is to focus on Indian Epics, I think it is a nice breath of relief to be able to write about personal things on my mind. It's kind of like writing a letter and never sending it, except in my case, I do send the letter... I send it to the whole world because I put it on the internet ... but in any case, I don't know who reads my personal posts so there is anonymity in that.

Comments

Popular Posts