week 8: comments and feedback

This is a picture I took of my dog, Taro. Last December I had to shave her entire body because her hair became extremely matted and because she's a poodle mix, I decided to try and give her that stereotypical poodle haircut – shaved body but poofy head, feet and tail ... you know the one. Anyways, here is the product of that. She ended up looking like a cute lil bobble head but all my friends strongly urged me to just shave it all off. I refused for a while... until I realized how silly she looked and I ended up shaving everything. Even with all her hair shaved off, she still looked super cute so moral of the story is that I should've listened to my friends' feedback sooner.


I honestly did not expect to receive such helpful comments. I think that because we are all online and don't know each other, it's typical to just be overly nice. Plus, critiques can be taken harshly sometimes and no one wants to hurt anyone's feelings. However, I feel like I've gotten some really helpful feedback in the best way. I get emails any time someone leaves a comment on my posts and reading people's comments is honestly something I look forward to. I know I have a lot to improve on so I love getting feedback and also it's heart-warming to see when someone loves what you wrote. Even though none of us really know each other, being able to connect online like this is pretty cool to me.

I feel like I am leaving some constructive feedback but I definitely can do better. However, I am also not the best writer out there so to me, a lot of people's writing looks great! I love reading other people's stories because it's entertaining but also because it gives me tips and ideas about what to do with my own writing. It really is amazing how creative people can be. Also, because I feel like I've gotten so much help from others, I really want to return the favor and leave better feedback comments. To do this, I think I'm going to have to stop reading stories from an entertainment perspective and more from a critical perspective.

Comments

Popular Posts