week 3: feedback strategies

Try Feedforward Instead of Feedback 
I really like this type of reflection because it focuses on betting yourself in the future. It opens up endless possibilities and it doesn't have to be concentrated around topic. However, I do think a task is more manageable when there is a smaller topic to deal with.

The Trouble with “Amazing”: Giving Praise that Matters
I really, REALLY loved reading this article because it talked about unnecessary, sarcastic praise, which I feel like I encounter too. This article talks about how praise isn't always encouraging when the person knows they don't deserve it. A lot of times, we throw around words just out of habit like "You're pretty" or "That was great!" but really, we're just saying those things because we're trained too. Also, most people are trained to having people praise them so saying something else may come off offensively. Either way, I think everyone should read this article because we all need to be more intentional. 

Example of giving unnecessary and fake praise. Picture Source

Comments

Popular Posts