week 2 story: battling the boba-loving ABG


Once upon a time, there lived Ashley, the baddest ABG (Asian baby girl) with the worst blonde dye-job, fullest falsies and biggest gold hoop earrings you've ever seen. She was a solid 5 foot with a 6'4 intimidating personality. 


Everyone was scared of her, especially her female coworkers at Kung Fu Tea. Britney, a coworker, had been working at Kung Fu Tea for longer than Ashley, but everyone always seemed to love Ashley more than her. Not only did it make her jealous, but it also meant that Ashley stole all of Britney's tips! 

One day, after Britney witnessed an old 65 year old man leave Ashley a $50 tip on a $5 drink, Ashley lost it.

“I am so SICK of Britney stealing all the customers and their tips! Her hair doesn’t even look good!” thought Britney.

For the rest of her shift, Britney thought of ways to take her down. 

“Maybe I can spit in her boba... Or actually, I can leave some jelly on the floor and wait for her to slip on it!” thought Britney.

An hour had passed and Britney realized she needed to stop thinking and take action. She left the front counter and went to the back to begin her mission. Ashley went to the boba maker, gathered up all the saliva in her mouth and spit in the pot!

“Ha! I can’t wait for her to get a taste of this!” exclaimed Ashley.

She continued to spit into the pot of boba and as she was doing so, Ashley’s boss walked in.

“WHAT IN GODS NAME ARE YOU DOING!?”

“Oh no…,” Ashley whimpered. “It’s not what you think!”

Ashley’s boss was furious and he couldn’t believe his eyes. 

“YOU’RE FIRED! LEAVE THIS STORE IMMEDIATELY!!!” 

Ashley began crying and threw her apron down. As she ran out the store, she looked back to see Britney dumbfounded. Ashley got in her car and drove home sad, miserable and without a job.

This is what a stereotypical ABG looks like. Picture Source.

Authors Note
I decided to keep the overall ending of the original story the same, but I basically changed everything else. I changed the characters to humans and modernized the story. I also made the plot different, however, the outcome was the same where the antagonist lost and the protagonist won.

Story source: Eastern Stories and Legends by Marie L. Shedlock.


Comments

  1. Hi Audrey,
    I just actually learned what an ABG is. Thank you for putting the idea to life. What was your original story? Reading your author's note, I was kind of confused about what you were talking about that. It might be better to be more specific! I love your story and how short and to the point it was, and I love boba!
    Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aubrey!
    I really enjoyed this story. I can honestly say I have never heard of the ABG before, but it was refreshing to learn something new. I do feel like the shorter people are the taller the personality they have for sure. I always enjoy a story where the protagonist wins, but occasionally having them lose is better in my opinion. Overall, I thought you did a great job with this story and I cannot wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Audrey!

    I agree with Anhthu, you're story was awesome, you just need to expand your Author's Note more to give us the specific story you based this off of. I'm interested in how you decided to use the ABG personality type for Ashley.

    I enjoyed how you set up the plot to make the reader sympathetic with Brittany, so the ending was a surprise that she got caught and fired. It makes your audience question why they were on Brittany's side in the first place when she was doing something that was obviously wrong. We've all had an Ashley in our lives that made us feel jealous. This story is a fun way to encourage someone to grapple where that source of jealousy is coming from and provides a cautionary tale for if we leave that jealousy unchecked.

    -Eden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Audrey, I liked all of the specific details you used to make this story your own (still confused as to which story this was haha) like calling the girl an ABG with dyed hair, hoops, and falsies, and having both characters work at Kung Fu Tea. I liked the twist at the end with Britney getting fired, since I'm not even sure how Ashley was stealing Britney's tips in the first place - since Ashley was making the drinks she was getting tipped for. Also, the photo you used for the ABG kinda looks like Nikita Dragun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts