week 2: feedback thoughts

A Fixed Mindset Could Be Holding You Back
I thought this article was very informative while being personal. In the article, an example was made about medical students and that really hit close to home because in 2 years, I am hoping to be in medical school. More than that, I related to this article a lot because being a pre-med student is definitely hard and competitive and people are always down our throats about how we have to always be the best and if we make a mistake then we won't have a chance at being a doctor. Therefore, I thought this article was especially important to read for me personally because it was a good reminder that I am going to mess up but that I can't let that destroy me in the end.

Me, as a doctor crying because I messed up for the 56th time that day. Picture Source.


Why Rejection Hurts So Much
I really loved reading this article because I am constantly inflicting rejection on myself without realizing it. Mostly, I inflict rejection when it comes to social media. Constantly I'll think, "Why didn't she comment on my picture, we're suppose to be close. Does she not like me?" Although it's only a comment, in my head it means a lot more. I also thought it was really interesting that this article explained rejection using evolution because I never knew thought about it that way before.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts